Lemont, IL – State Senator Christine Radogno (R-Lemont) is teaming up with State Representative Jim Durkin (R-Western Springs) to host their annual Senior Fair on Friday, October 9th, from 9:00 a.m. to noon at CORE Fitness Center, 16028 W. 127th St. in Lemont.
“Illinois seniors are facing plenty of challenges, from high property taxes, to the rising cost of health care, to basic transportation,” said Radogno. “Our goal with the Senior fair is to provide answers, assistance, and a fun chance to connect with the community.”
“Our Senior Fair is a one-stop shop for seniors and their families looking for information on a variety of topics ranging from wellness and tax relief to senior living options,” said Durkin. “Come on out and take advantage of our free health screenings, get a state ID card, or refresh your driving skills with a Rules of the Road class all under one roof. It is a great event and I hope area seniors will come and spent the morning with us.”
More than 50 community partners – from AAA to Wellspring Healthcare – are going to be participating, as well as local library, police, and fire districts to answer questions and provide information.
Special events and offerings will include:
- Flu shots (free with Medicare B)
- Free screenings for blood pressure, blood sugar, and other medical issues
- ID cards from the Secretary of State’s office
- Rules of the Road class at 9:30 a.m.
- Unused prescription pill collection from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Information on I-Cash, Alzheimer’s, Assisted Living, Nutrition, Financial Security, Eye Health, Fire Safety, Utility Savings, and much more
Additional information on all participants and events can be found on the lawmakers’ websites at www.senatorradogno.org orwww.ilhousegop.org. People can also call Sen. Radogno’s district office at 630-243-0800 or Rep. Durkin’s office at 630-325-2028.